Maze of the Minotaur [Set Idea]

A place to create new awesome set ideas along with the community!
Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Bi

Card Creator

Note: This set is challenging the Competition Set in the current <Battle of the Sets>
Maze of the Minotaur
You wake up in chamber deep within a cave. Strange noises echo from the walls, coming from deeper inside.
How did you end up in here; how can you escape? The noises are coming closer.
Something in here is alive, something is approaching...
In the Maze of the Minotaur you will try to escape a maze, but you are not alone in there. Somwhere inside roams the Minotaur, a 3 ton heavy, muscled mountain with a dick the size of a man's leg. So as you try to escape the maze you will be running away from the minotaur. If he catches you, it is game over for you. You will have to draw a "Game Over" card, which will most likely feature devasting anal instructions - anal is a kink of the minotaur. Did I mention the size of his dong? Oh yes i did... Be prepared for large insertations.

The maze is randomly generated for every tease and every slide is represented by a 288 by 288 pixel square part of the dungeon. A screen with the dungeon will be displayed in a mini-map in the bottom corner, adding some depth to the game. As each slide has a corresponding square, your character finishes one square each slide - you move over across the square based on your time between slides. A maze usually has more than one possible path so it's possible to pass squares you already visited. Just as in a regular tease the images are connected to the slides. This may help you avoid getting lost. For example, to link this to the maze setting and classical cartoon gags. If you face the same images again and again you are most likely running in circles ("Wait! I have seen this stone formation 5 times already!"). Instruction Cards usually do not apply on further visits beyond the first, unless stated otherwise.

While the time between slides defines your movement speed, your stroke count defines brightness of your torch. The brighter the torch, the more you are allowed to zoom out and get a bit more vision of the maze around you. You own a magical torch which you will have to rub to get get it to light up. The Minotaur also has its own movement speed which is defined by your stroke rate.
  • Stroke count = Time betw. slides -> Stroke rate = 1 => Minotaur as fast as you. Medium vision.
  • Stroke count < Time betw. slides -> Stroke rate < 1 => Minotaur is faster than you. Small vision.
  • Stroke count > Time betw. slides -> Stroke rate > 1 => Minotaur is slower than you. High vision.
The Minotaur also has a few skills:
  • While the Minotaur can see you, he will be a little faster. If you manage to shake him off - because you move around a corner, for example - he may be slower for a short time.
  • Getting spotted by the Minotaur motivates the Minotaur; this will permanently inspire him to find you.
  • The Minotaur can smell your bodily fluids; if you hit the edge button, he will go crazy smelling your arousal. This will cause the Minotaur to rampage through walls towards your position, creating new valid squares (and slides) in the process.

Card Types:

Traps:
Can make it more difficult to search for the exit.
Moving walls are alter the maze. Trapdoors throw you through the maze.

Minotaur:
Cards which buff the Minotaur.

Game Over:
Cards which are drawn if the Monster catches your ass.

Inspiration:
This set is inspired by the following games....
  • Fantasy Maze :- A game which originated from a fapproulette. Got the base idea from here.
  • Legend of Grimrock :- You escape a maze fighting monsters on your way. I like the gameplay and the setting.
  • Maze Retease :- A classic set about getting lost in a maze :)
Addons:
There are sooooooo much possible additions we could add to this set....
Just throwing in some random ideas:
-Combine this with the Skirmish Set, Character editor, level ups, skills, monster encounters, items.....

-More and different Monster versions (with their own behavior and skills) and levels:
  • Mating with Medusa
  • Alien Mazesolation
Example card | +
CTI2.Number 0131.Maze of the Minotaur.Nice Mistress.07.png
CTI2.Number 0131.Maze of the Minotaur.Nice Mistress.07.png (546.25 KiB) Viewed 4658 times
Very basic mockup: | +
mock1.gif
mock1.gif (851.92 KiB) Viewed 4661 times
Logo:
minotaurmaze.png
minotaurmaze.png (5.92 KiB) Viewed 4658 times
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
playsafe
Talented!
Talented!
Keys: 405,96 
Orientation: Straight

Hilarious dark fantasy, gorgeous! :Cheerleader:

Is there an error in one of your stroke rate explanations, maybe in the third one?
Stroke count > Time betw. slides -> Stroke rate < 1 => Minotaur as slower than you. High vision.
Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 
Orientation: Bi

Card Creator

Yes sorry for my grammer and a few mistakes got a bit late yesterday^^
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
Rothaon
Created software for the community!
Created software for the community!
Keys: 113,87 
Type: Dominant
Orientation: Gay

Well, I voted for this one.

Aside from liking more the theme I know it will include stuff that will help in the Skirmish Overhaul project.

So hopefully I could restart the Skirmish Overhaul seeing how this deck evolves too and seeing what is actually needed instead of just guessing :P
appelsinsaft
Curious
Keys: 0,12 

The skirmish set is the most fun I've ever had with CTI. I'd love to see these two projects combined.

Return to “Set Development”

• Information