Playing Cards

Projects, Forum related topics and more.
Rothaon
Created software for the community!
Keys: 113,87 
Type: Dominant
Orientation: Gay

I had a drinking game planned where I tried to separate the instructions in different card so the players build them up during the game. I never got to finish it but it shares some ideas with yours.

Basically they get a random challenge modified by modifiers and toys and rules in play and then you get your reward. It looks like Fluxx :P

About the difficulty, if you have each card tagged like the CTI2 uses you can select cards from those pools based on the profile of the players. If they have set soft/hard limits you can also put more of some pool etc...
TuathEicse
I made some cards!
I made some cards!
Keys: 1,69 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Straight

I like this idea so I threw together some cards. There are 35 cards in the .rar. I included the original .xcf files (GIMP raw images) so you can make tweaked versions, and there's a template in the 'Cards xcf format' folder. If you want to make new cards from the template, just move the appropriate background layer (Modifier BG, Toy BG, etc.) in front of the other BG layers and edit text as appropriate. I would love to see where you end up taking this!

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/77uziplwot1gu ... 1.rar?dl=0
Toy - Rope.png
Toy - Rope.png (268.53 KiB) Viewed 9128 times
Rule - Teasing.png
Rule - Teasing.png (637.48 KiB) Viewed 9128 times
Modifier - Double Trouble.png
Modifier - Double Trouble.png (621.4 KiB) Viewed 9128 times
Consequence - Cum Ruin.png
Consequence - Cum Ruin.png (567.94 KiB) Viewed 9128 times
Game Changer - Siphon.png
Game Changer - Siphon.png (548.61 KiB) Viewed 9128 times
Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 
Orientation: Bi

Card Creator

The design is very nice :) well done.
Btw:
A competetive 1 vs 1 multiplayer Set for CTI 2 is planed, so i realy like your approach / this thread @Krell.

Beside CTI, i could also imagine a entire (sexual) trading card game playable in the browser with game lobbies & stuff. :>

The problem i have in general any apporach would require a referee...

I wish i had more time for more projects ... :/
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
hajtos
Old School
Old School
Keys: 2,44 

The design looks great, but I'm a bit fuzzy on the rules. When can you play cards, do rule/game changer cards apply to one player or both, when are cards played as duel and when as lifestyle(since you seem to make them interchangeable instead of making 2 separate games as I first understood it).

I also noticed you didn't make any challenge cards. I don't really know how exactly would they work.
TuathEicse
I made some cards!
I made some cards!

The daily game is 'Lifestyle' play. If you start a short-term game, that's a 'Duel'. You draw and play a new hand every Duel. However, you also have a 'Lifestyle Bank' that you maintain for Lifestyle play. You draw cards for that every day and keep them indefinitely until playing them.

During a Duel, on your turn, you can play rules and toys by themselves (they persist for three rounds by default). Alternately, you can attach them to a Challenge and they apply until the Challenge is completed.

During Lifestyle play (during the day) you can play a Challenge card with rules and toys attached. All of the attached cards apply until the Challenge is completed, just like in a Duel. In Lifestyle play, though, you can't play rules and toys by themselves - they have to be attached to a Challenge.

Whenever you play a toy or rule, in a Duel or during Lifestyle play, you can attach one or more modifiers to it. EDIT: Also, there are some modifiers that you play on your opponent's cards. You can throw those down any time if you have them.

During a Duel, you can play Game Changers. Currently they just apply to you, but alternately they could apply to both players. During Lifestyle play you can discard two Game Changers to draw another card to your Lifestyle bank. When you start a Duel, you can replace any number of cards in your starting hand with Game Changers from your Lifestyle bank.

I actually wrote up several Challenges and just forgot to make them into cards. The template even has a BG image for them. I'll put them together real quick. I'm not as solid on those, though. I feel like there's something missing from the design approach.

Please note, I'm not the original designer of these rules. This is my take on them, including a few additions and clarifications like transitioning from Lifestyle to Duels, etc.

Also thanks to everyone who likes the design :)
Last edited by TuathEicse on 04 Mar 2017, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
TuathEicse
I made some cards!
I made some cards!

Okay yeah, I love working from a good template.

EDIT: If anyone's interested in this game, remember that the cards visible on the previous post were just a sample. There are way more in the .rar.
Challenge - Edges.png
Challenge - Edges.png (665.43 KiB) Viewed 9117 times
Challenge - 21.png
Challenge - 21.png (664.85 KiB) Viewed 9117 times
Challenge - Solitaire.png
Challenge - Solitaire.png (648.51 KiB) Viewed 9117 times
Challenge - Lines.png
Challenge - Lines.png (656.63 KiB) Viewed 9117 times
Krell
Kinky
Keys: 2,46 

I love the card layout, though without an editor it would be more difficult than making standard CTI cards (for me at least). I'm going to make cards with this layout once I have the time to sit down and actually do it.

Bonus points if anyone here could throw together a fast way to create/edit cards with this layout. I suck at editing images and such together, it really doesn't help that my primary editing tool is MS Paint.
TuathEicse
I made some cards!
I made some cards!

I would really recommend downloading GIMP and just trying to work with the template. This is just ridiculously easy, workflow-wise. Those four new cards took less than five minutes to put together.

EDIT: Alternately, if you want to PM me a list of cards and effects I could put them together. This would pretty much be a zero-time project and I don't mind lending a hand to get a new idea off the ground.
Inside7shadows
Keys: 5,55 
Type: Dominant

Siphon is a bit unclear. Does the opponent give you a card from the deck, or from their hand?

Is there something that prevents this card from going infinite?
Krell
Kinky
Keys: 2,46 

WARNING! WALL OF TEXT!

I want to start this post by thanking everyone so far who has shown interest and helped with this little project. Now I want to apologize to you all because I just realized that I have screwed this up from the get go and if I keep going with the ideas and layouts we've done so far it's going to ruin the entire purpose I had for this entire project. Right from the start I wanted to create these cards with the intent of them being all purpose cards for not only myself but for the people I play with and those who were interested in using these cards. I got side tracked almost immediately and am realizing that I'm narrowing these cards down to very few usable options which is not what I wanted. In short I'm asking that those interested please hold off on making any more cards with the current layout (even though it is beautiful) and help me rework the layout properly first.

If you like where the project is going feel free to use the resources that we've come up with so far and run with it. For those of you who aren't totally angry with me and want to try this again with me please keep reading.

These are the issues that I've noticed so far that need to be addressed:
---Cards can not have rules assuming how they are going to be used. People may come up with their own games, rules, and special cards which is what I'm hoping for. By tacking on a bunch of rules onto the base cards to a game that isn't even going to appeal to everyone, we are essentially shooting ourselves in the foot.
---Cards can't have multiple rules per card because it causes an otherwise good card to be unplayable to some people because they only like one half of it.
---Cards need to stay in their categories. Simply put if these cards are going to be used for whatever people want, they need to have certain expectations of a card. Toy cards should simply be a physical item, no rules attached. That is why we have rule and modifier cards.
---Cards need better categories. This one is again, my fault. Consequence cards need to be divided into reward and punishment cards and they need to have a distinct positive and negative feel to them. Rule cards can be the happy middle ground where you're just making things interesting while the other two are used to do as their name implies. Game changer cards are probably going to need to be left on the side of the road until people start making their own games as you need a game before you can change it.

Additional things that would be nice to have as well:
---A name for these cards. I personally feel like calling them "Get Fukt" playing cards, but feel like one of you may have a way better name.
---Some kind of virtual table that allows people to draw/hold/play cards from decks on a blank table (maybe with background layouts). You can easily make games and rules as long as you have a table and digital cards are way more manageable than physical cards.

Also, I would like not to re-invent the wheel here. We have CTI, we don't need this to become another tease viewer. These cards, while able to be used for solo play, will probably never do well for single sit down teases. It would end up even more random, complex, and less enjoyable to have shit loads of modifiers rather than all encompassing CTI cards. These are meant to be used by creative people to enjoy unique games with themselves and/or others with lots of replay value without a massive deck overhaul on every play.

Again, very sorry to have not thought about these mistakes sooner, but I was noticing way to many possible issues that we were hitting with CTI as well and feel that it is better to fix it now rather than later once half our cards are geared towards a game that I only gave 30 seconds of thought into. To those of you still with me who don't mind starting over I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter and get your feedback so we can get started with actual cards again.

Return to “Community”

• Information