Card-Sets
Qrr
I made some cards!
I made some cards!
Keys: 0,02 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Straight

So I finally finished it.

Imagine that one day you woke up in a maze. Brick walls, stone floor, no cloves and no idea were you are or where the exit is. Also – you are very horny. And so you start moving through the maze... And the maze resurrects.

This set is made to give the player a sense of wonder and progression by utilizing a lot of small slide shows called reteases.

You can still try using some of the cards in the set as normal cards by reading words “n reteases” in the card text (where “n” is a number) as “n*2 cards”.

You can find it and the rules here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sy2zij6ga3bn ... hIQ9a?dl=0

Leave your comments and criticism down below.

UPDATE: All hail Shadow for his standalone expantion:
Introducing the first Retease Stand Alone expansion: Shadow Maze - featuring new cards and new art (PLUS bonus gallery, sounds, and worksheet!!!). Play it by itself or combine it with the original!
Last edited by Qrr on 11 Jun 2016, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 
Orientation: Bi

Card Creator

Hey looks very cool have to try it as soon as i got some time :)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
Rothaon
Created software for the community!
Keys: 113,87 
Type: Dominant
Orientation: Gay

I like the idea. And the mechanic in general. not sure about having so many card types, I'll think about it later and let you know ;)
Inside7shadows
Keys: 5,55 

I am having trouble piecing this together... maybe mention the point is to whittle away at the decks as you tease, increasing your chances of finding the exit.
Lets say that you just started. Put 20 images and 1 main deck card. Then start the tease and skip to the card.
Why am I putting in 20 images just to skip to the 1 main deck card?
A base set up for a retease is: 1 main deck card, the amount of awareness and danger cards equal to your awareness and danger respectively, 20+5*(awareness+danger) images.
But the 5*(awareness+danger) images is always included on the card, right?

If you're going to be using Punishments cards, you should probably explain those in the instructions. Also you spelled Dander once.

Gender Bended: I am now a Girla. Is this a thing or a typo?

Mischievous Ghost has a typo (whith). As for the other ghosts, I feel like +1 awareness won't offset failing every fight and trap, and ignoring every awareness card for 5 generations. Like, these things aren't worth messing with. (I suggest a Ghost Portal that requires you to talk to all Ghosts, possibly until the next portal.) But they can't be removed. Literally. They're the only card that can't be removed from the main deck, aside from the exit. Edit: as it is, there's no statistical difference between Walking and Running. You could just remove walking from your cards and make them cleaner.

Minotaur 3: This can be dangerous (hyponatremia), especially if the card can come up again. Healthy kidneys may only process half a liter an hour. 2 liters is 4 hours worth of water. It's great to suggest that people only use cards they want to, but people may not understand the risk. (edit: LD50 of water is quoted at 6L for 165 lbs. I wouldn't push it over 3L)

Minotaur 6: Lets you half your stroke rate, but Minotaur 2 does not? Seems like the same thing.

Minotaur 7: Love the picture.

Monster 1: Toes are the body part.

Monster 5: As much as I love the smell of lubed up cloves, believe you meant clothes

Trap 1: If 3 or less: +1 Danger +5 images and/then Skip to the next Minotaur. Do I only skip if I fail (and) or always (then)?

Trap 3: do 5 squats before the next card, or do 5 squats per slide until the next slide?

Demon 2: Demons don't say "may". "May" implies you have a choice. You must look at yourself when you stroke for the next 10 reteases.

Demon 3: I feel like if the card is gender neutral, it should say chest. Also, This one has two abilities, and repeatedly summoning demons is pretty harsh as it is. Have you measured how often demons appear? It feels like they will only average about once a tease.

Demon 5: Replace
Spoiler: show
Holy fuck skirmish Daemons are scary!
Sword: Is it even worth it to remove Monsters from the danger deck? Monsters are best thing to encounter in the danger deck. If you kill them all, you'll only get more Minotaurs (harder) or Paranoia (worse) when you draw Danger cards.

Map: comfusing is misspelled, but confuzzing is okay to misspell.

Overall, I feel like some randomness to stroke rates may be beneficial. Probably the easiest change is have things that affect the slide duration. That way you're occasionally set up to fail. Say, "Dead Ends" increase slide duration by 1, "And it goes on..." decrease slide duration by 1. Like, it could be less difficult because you're just back tracking. Also I feel like "You are here" should only remove dead ends, for balance. Then Portals reset slide duration.

Cards are wacky and well varied. Should be easy enough to add new ones.
Rothaon

So I tested this the other day. I played starting with the sword and my monsters where actually the ones from the Skirmish deck and without demons or ghosts.

There is too much danger. It got up to 2 awareness 7 danger when it was reseted by a portal. And then it went up to 0/11. But I forgot to decrease it after fighting a monster.

So, here's how I feel the deck tends to work.

Having X danger when a retease is calculated mean you will have to fight X monsters before the next main card. It may be paranoia which means you will fight it on the next gen (and an extra one).
If the monsters are defeated you will end up only with traps. And paranoia. Which will be 2 traps on the next gen. Or even more paranoia.

The awareness deck has the useful card of tranquility. Which is -1 danger, 1 monster less in the next gen. It can be seen as a counter for paranoia. But paranoia is much more common.

You have the shelter, which is ok to rest but does nothing to the deck.

And the other cards are made to skip to the next gen's main card. But if monsters are skipped danger doesn't decrase, so they will reappear in the next gen. Paranoia, as it is the only common way to decrease awareness it is worth skipping. And you may skip other awareness cards losing a chance to decrease danger thorugh tranquility or increasing you chances to exit removing dead ends. So I don't see them as useful unless your awareness is high or you defeated a lot of monsters and they know they are no longer in the deck.

The main deck mostly increases awareness AND danger at the same time.

-----------------------------------
It should be ok as long as you keep your awareness.

I will test it a bit more :P
Qrr
I made some cards!
I made some cards!

Inside7shadows. Thank you.
Why am I putting in 20 images just to skip to the 1 main deck card?
This is because the card might not be the first slide you see. I find it boring to just wait for the first instruction each time you start a tease so I made this rule.
But the 5*(awareness+danger) images is always included on the card, right?
Almost. The problem is the Paranoia card. It shouldn't change the image count in most cases, but if you have no awareness you'll be 5 images short.
Minotaur 3
I'll change it.
Minotaur 6: Lets you half your stroke rate, but Minotaur 2 does not? Seems like the same thing.
They are not the same. 6 is change in stroke method and 2 is change in stroke position. But if you talk about riding a dildo, that may be a good idea. Will change it.
Trap 1
Only on fail. Will change it so this is clear.
Trap 3
Per slide. Will change this too.
Demon 2
Good point. Actually wanted to give the choice here to stroke or not but now realized that there has to be none.
Sword
I forgot I created this card... Will change it so you can kill any thing.
I was looking at the maze tease and realized it was a deck un-building game.
Do you mind if I put this is to the head post?

The rest are just misspelled and are going to be fixed soon.

And again: Thank you.

EDIT: Thank you as well Rothaon.
I didn't have problems with what you brought up in your post. But now that I think about it you are correct in some way.
I'll change the shelter to reset your danger, and tranquility to delete a paranoia form the deck.
Rothaon

Qrr wrote: EDIT: Thank you as well Rothaon.
I didn't have problems with what you brought up in your post. But now that I think about it you are correct in some way.
I'll change the shelter to reset your danger, and tranquility to delete a paranoia form the deck.
I may have been just unlucky, but I'm pretty sure that as the game keeps going paranoia gets more powerful :P
vanadium
Patreon Supporter ++
Patreon Supporter ++
Keys: 8 882,43 

Rothaon wrote:
Qrr wrote:...
I may have been just unlucky, but I'm pretty sure that as the game keeps going paranoia gets more powerful :P
If we keep with the story.
Imagine walking around in a labyrinth for days, being assaulted by monsters, spirits and demons. To top that off every now and then your brain, affected by whatever is making you so horny, triggers imaginary images of all sorts of things. You'd get pretty damn paranoid.
*looks back over shoulder*

N.b.
Monster 3 (frog)
turned in to a frog --> turned into a frog
Inside7shadows
Keys: 5,55 

Sword?
Well damn, that's even worse. If you kill all the monsters, you'll just have increasing amounts exponentially more Paranoia every generation. I'd rather keep the monsters and cure the Paranoia. Also, if you kill all the Minotaurs, the Minotaur trap breaks the game.

Please keep me informed of your progress, I'm considering an expansion.
Ear Worm | +
It goes on and on and on and on...
Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night...
Edit: Sporadic edits
Bamith
Kinky
Type: Submissive

I've tried this out twice now. First run through lasted 3 hours and the second lasted 2 hours. I still haven't found the exit.

Overall I like it. It's a bit clunky with the adding and removing of cards to folders, but not bad enough to prevent me from playing. The only real complaint I have is that I don't care for a lot of the cards. And that's a personal preference, not saying they are bad cards. That's an easy fix though, I just need to make some of my own cards and then share them with everyone.

Kudos on the creation of the Maze tease. I'll be watching to see if you make an expansion, or make something new.

Return to “Sets”

• Information