0131 asks you (CTI 2 Dev.)

CTI 2 Development.
Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Bi

Card Creator

New stuff to talk about:

I put alot of effort into the Item handling which was / is very difficult to manage but i think i got it....

Background information:
Since cards need information on how your items are used (For example a card wich requires your mouth should not be drawable if you are gagged, or if you are gagged and ordered to use another gag the first card should be deactivated aswell as the first gag) items have meta information on the way they are activated and also carry a few DEFAULT ways to use themself. For example if you use a Dildo the default usage for males is anal while the default usage case for females is vaginal but it is also possible to use a dildo orally if the card activates the item with the given meta data.
The default way is still important since many cards order you to use an item of your choice but don't state in which way, the current solution may not be perfect since a card could say "use an item of your choice in any way you like" but its good enough to work with for now.

Now this case:
Example card | +
imp qu.png
imp qu.png (449.31 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
The card shown gives you a selection of items with an associated BONDAGE tag to choose from.
1. Lets assume you want to go with the ball gag
2. Lets assume you draw this card twice while the first one is still active:
  • You own 1 ball gag: Would you expect that this card gives you the choice to use the same ball gag again even if its already in use. (This would result in card 1 to be deactivated since a newer card requires an item which is essential for card 1 to be active)
  • You own 2 ball gags: Would you expect that this card gives you the choice to use the free ball gag. (This would result in card 1 to be deactivated since a new ball gag requires the itemslot for "Mouth")
  • Would you expect that the card offers you to choose from items like the ring gag which would deact. / replace. cards which are currently active?
We could add some extra rules to the cases:
  • A card should only offer you to use items which are already in use only if no other items are left. <- Implemented
  • A card should only offer you to use items which would replace active item slots only if no other items are left. <- Should we implement that? (Otherweise this could be a sneaky way to get rid of mean cards by selecting items which can replace essential items)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
Inside7shadows
Created software for the community!
Keys: 5,55 
Type: Dominant
Orientation: Straight

A card should only offer you to use items which would replace active item slots only if no other items are left.
Only when no other items are left, will a card offer you an item which would replace an active item? This sounds like a good policy. I don't see how it lets people be sneaky, however.
Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Bi

Card Creator

Forgot to add "otherwise"....

I will think about it, you could argue that the card allows you to use such an item and since newer instructions override old instructions its a valid move to choose such an item.

In any case it could be difficult to predict if the activation of an item will close an active card, i have to look if this is reliable enough.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
Rothaon
Keys: 113,87 
Type: Dominant
Orientation: Gay

2. Lets assume you draw this card twice while the first one is still active:
  • You own 1 ball gag: Would you expect that this card gives you the choice to use the same ball gag again even if its already in use. (This would result in card 1 to be deactivated since a newer card requires an item which is essential for card 1 to be active)
    No, I wouldn't. Technically I could as it would deactivate the previous card. But the final state of me would be the same so I'm not adding a bondage item.
  • You own 2 ball gags: Would you expect that this card gives you the choice to use the free ball gag. (This would result in card 1 to be deactivated since a new ball gag requires the itemslot for "Mouth")
  • Would you expect that the card offers you to choose from items like the ring gag which would deact. / replace. cards which are currently active?
In this case I'd expect it. I wouldnt buy two similar gags so at least I'm changing an old bondage item for a new one.

We could add some extra rules to the cases:
  • A card should only offer you to use items which are already in use only if no other items are left. <- Implemented

Given how the card is written and inspired to get you use one more item, if I don't have any bondage item to use I wouldn't draw it.

Return to “Development”

• Information