more questions

CTI 2 Development.
Krell
Kinky
Keys: 2,46 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Straight

So I just got an amazing idea for my first CTI2 tease once you have it ready, but unfortunately it relies on a few crucial elements that I'm not sure you will be including in the finished product. So it's question time again. Will CTI2 include:
-a way to change the exact amount of pictures between instructions in addition to the usual changing the time between them?
-memory of previous instructions so they can be pulled up again later?

My idea can theoretically function without either of these things, but will require a change of core design if that is the case. I am hoping to figure these out now before I start laying out my groundwork.
Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 
Orientation: Bi

Card Creator

Hi, thanks for the questions, they are always a good inspiration and security check :)

-a way to change the exact amount of pictures between instructions in addition to the usual changing the time between them?

I think this sould be possible, if not i will add it, there is already an option "balanced ratio" which spreads your cards consistent over the tease, so if you have 400 images and 40 cards then each 10th slide will be a card.
And there is already a method i made to add more images or cards to the tease, if you want a "exact amount of pictures between instructions" you could just add the needed amount of cards/images and reshuffle the remaining slidelist with the balanced parameter.
ratio.png
ratio.png (5.09 KiB) Viewed 3346 times
This might be a little bit inconvenient, i will maybe add another feature to archieve this.

-memory of previous instructions so they can be pulled up again later?

Sure this is already implemented, each drawn card is pushed into a list with the slidenumber etc. its used when you go back some slides you don´t want to redraw cards which where already drawn....
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
Krell
Kinky
Keys: 2,46 

The pictures between cards one is for a few card ideas I have that work similar to stroke it cards, but alter the amount of pictures instead. Making it random, a set amount between instructions, and a bunch just between the current instruction and the next, or even skip right to the next instruction.

The other question was because I wanted to create a labyrinth deck which forced players to backtrack through instructions occasionally. Even if they really don't want to.
Inside7shadows
Created software for the community!
Created software for the community!
Keys: 5,55 
Type: Dominant

Interesting! I always had an idea for a tease shaped like Ivalice, but I never really put 2 and 2 together.
Attachments
ivalice_map.gif
ivalice_map.gif (38.14 KiB) Viewed 3337 times

Return to “Development”

• Information