About Supplemental

CTI 2 Development.
Rothaon
Created software for the community!
Keys: 113,87 
Type: Dominant
Orientation: Gay

Ok, this post is about stuff related to supplemental cards in general, an idea I've been thinking about for some time.

Before you read this:

- I have a bit of a hangover and my English may be not good today. If you don't understand something, ask for it to be written again.

- I refer to a certain subset of supplemental cards, that are intended to work together as a deck. We won't be talking about random cards you can add by themselves and still work with the core set. Like the Fucked Silly (FS) idea that 0131 has posted recently. ( http://cti-community.net/forum2/viewtop ... f=13&t=203 )

- I have named this as a deck, but it may not be one. It's more of a meta-deck deck.

I have named this as

THE ADVENTURE DECK
[youtube][/youtube]
(Still looking for a better name).

The concept of this is to make a "choose your own adventure" tease using the differents deck we have created / will crate/ adapt to cti2. Ok, each deck has it's own rules, but I'm not talking about playing all of them at the same time, I'm taking about sharing some characteristics between them.

In FS you build up IQ to cum. In Stamina you use credits to buy chances to cum. And then in the Skirmish set you have Fortitude, Stamina and Will.

But, why the IQ you build up in FS can't be the Will you use in SK? Or we could have a generic currency (it could be keys, but for now let's say it's different) we could share between decks?
You could get some by doing stuff on a Stamina Set and then use it in a card that appears in your next FS set (you could hire a tutor to increase you IQ).

CTI2 can save this variables in your profile (I think) so this info can easily be shared between different teases.

Now that you have a basic idea, I'l tell you how the Adventure deck is planned to behave. It involves the user making choices through some cards and ending up in a location. A location is a mix of one supplemental deck and event cards from the Adventure deck.

Per se, the adventure deck has two types of cards:

- Hub cards: Cards that recieve user input, where he makes up the choices and the ones that say to which location he will go to.

- Event cards: Cards from the event deck that appear only in certain locations .

An example:

Our hero Dick is in the town, when after talking with some locals decide to go to the army and is sent out to the forest, where he has to face a horde of enemies. (This would swith from location=town to location=skimish). So the program loads a deck of 5 enemies and 1 event card. Dick defeats 3 enemies but the forth one deals a hit to the head. He loses some IQ. After defeating them, he earn some money and goes back to the town.

How can we achieve this?

The Adventure Deck is made up of several types of cards.

First: The Setup cards.

Just a bunch of cards whose code will make sure al the variables needed exist and to choose wich decks you want to play with. If any input from the user is needed before the tease starts it should appear here.

(eg: Let's say you've never player the FS set and you don't have a IQ set, so write a default value of 100 now).

Two: The Hub

The hub is the location of the adventure deck. It's were you make decisions and travel to other locations.

Here's a diagram:
Spoiler: show
Rothaon

I'm bad at explaining things.
Simon
Keys: 0,02 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Bi

Your explanation is alright and your idea is interesting to say the least.
Last edited by Simon on 16 Oct 2016, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
Always watching.
Rothaon

Thanks, I'll try to develop a little demo on the next weeks
Inside7shadows
Keys: 5,55 
Orientation: Straight

This sounds like GURPS (Generic universal roleplay system)

You just made GUTI (Generic Universal Tease Instructor )
Rothaon

I'm going to check gurps, it may help me with the maths or managing different stats.
Rothaon

To implements something like the Skirmish set, I adapted the gurps combat system that could work. I should test it but it need some automations.

Return to “Development”

• Information