Card types

Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Bi

Card Creator

wintermute wrote:
0131 wrote:Time Lapse and Special are my favorite card types =D
I think special is the most powerful card type.
I like most of them, ok Delusionals are sometimes a bit stupid because there are no or very few cards which break delusions, but this is our fault as we made these cards.
At one point there was a rule for delusional that stated that the effect ended with the next rough Mistress of the next slide featuring a nurse.
Ok interesting ^^, never read about this rule x_X
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
wintermute
Old School
Old School
Keys: 0,00 

Typo, next Rough Mistress or slide featuring a nurse.

It was buried somewhere on the board.
wintermute :Ballgag:

Cum say hi on Fetlife.
My CTI Tumbler.
Inside7shadows
Created software for the community!
Keys: 5,55 
Type: Dominant
Orientation: Straight

With CTI2, are we still going to be locked into the same static instruction folder with the 10(?) card types, our will there be an easier way to run sets out of dedicated set folders?
Site Admin

Card Creator

No you can create your own custom types and then create folders, name them however you want ( i recommend to seperate them by CardSet and then by type), then put it into the Cards folder and it will work.
Atm you would have to insert the cards into the jar itself (thats not much work and cleaner but some people will still have problems with it), i can create a normal folder for this (maybe).
Inside7shadows
Keys: 5,55 
Orientation: Straight

Thanks, but you seem to have deleted the question.

Edit: Thought the deleted notification refered to the post above it.
Site Admin

Card Creator

Hm? I deleted the double post i can still see your original post above my post.
Rothaon
Keys: 113,87 
Orientation: Gay

Inside7shadows wrote:Sorry, Engineer brain stays awake when rest of brain tries to sleep.

The idea is - if some cards are more likely to come up during specific conditions, is there a chance that the cards will create that condition indirectly? It get a bit complicated because I don't know all the rules. But say all your Stroke It! range from 1-10, and have the same amount for each rate.. Once you're at 10, drawing another 10 is less likely (per your example?). Does this extend to 9? 8? Is your next Stroke it! most likely 1? Is your most likely Stroke it! after that 10 again? By the end of each tease are you more likely to have seen more 1s and 10s than 5s, even though you started with the same amount?

Index of Coincidence (IC) is used in Cryptography. If a jumble of letters has an IC of 1.0, the text is random and evenly distributed. If the text has more of certain letters, with an IC of 1.8, it's probably in English.

My concern is if card T makes card H more likely, then card A, and T gets a probability boost from it, you get a bunch of THAT (otherwise known as an Ngram) in what should have been random data.

TL/DR; If something bad happens randomly - too bad, it's random.
But what if it's not random?

If you do it in general it should tend to even out as you are lowering chances of cards you already drew.

Anyway this system, lowering the chances of all cards equally, should behave like a system of permutation with repeated items in general terms.

----------------------------
It is obvious that it can get wild if a card boosts another cards chances to appear, but if used correctly yao can use that to force some combos to appear, or to block cards until something happens, like having some toy already.
stinkomank
Old School
Old School
Keys: 0,38 

wintermute wrote:
0131 wrote:Time Lapse and Special are my favorite card types =D
I think special is the most powerful card type.
I like most of them, ok Delusionals are sometimes a bit stupid because there are no or very few cards which break delusions, but this is our fault as we made these cards.
At one point there was a rule for delusional that stated that the effect ended with the next rough Mistress of the next slide featuring a nurse.
I always treated keys as delusion removal, though I don't think that was ever official.

In general I've been against cards that have a time limit based on cards other than rough or nice mistresses, or keys. I believe there are keys or nice mistresses that remove delusions, so it should theoretically be on the player to include those if you're including delusions.

Which brings me to the question, is there/will there be a way to flag individual cards as must-include, or cards that must always both be included (e.g., though this would be a terrible card, one that says "enter chastity until you get specific card B")?

I personally don't especially like delusional or mind control cards either, for what it's worth, but it's one of the few types that I think we could actually benefit from getting rid of. The others I think have their own purpose, for the most part.
Site Admin

Card Creator

stinkomank wrote: Which brings me to the question, is there/will there be a way to flag individual cards as must-include, or cards that must always both be included (e.g., though this would be a terrible card, one that says "enter chastity until you get specific card B")?
Hm never tought about such a case but it should be possible. 8-)
stinkomank
Old School
Old School
Keys: 0,38 

Yeah, I don't know how often it would come up, but it might be useful in case of something like delusions requiring something specific to break them, or C2Cs needing pictures of something specific, I guess?

Return to “CTI 2 - Talk”

• Information