Card types

dess
Old School
Old School
Keys: 0,00 
Type: Submissive
Orientation: Bi

Are we going to keep all the same card types? I felt like there were too many different card types in CTI 1.0

Need to include:
Rough Mistress/Master
Nice Mistress/Master
Stroke It!
Chance to Cum

Nice to have:
Bondage or some sort of toy related one
Special (does game breaking things)
Time Lapse

I pooled all my delusional, dilemma, humiliation, mind control and special all into one group.
I also don't play with chastity belt or work it. Chasity belts are very narrow focus that rough mistress cards can do better.

What do you all think?
Shintomo
Kinky
Type: Switch
Orientation: Straight

I see your point, but for CTI 1 I think having more types of cards makes it more modular and easier to create specific decks faster. However, in CTI 2 You are absolutely correct because there will be a way to put certain tags on cards and those tags may make having more card types less useful.
dess
Old School
Old School

A lot of my problem is cards not referring to the "need to include". I think strong timing of cards are ones that refer to "nice mistress". If you have less, the tease is harder. Stuff that refers to you next delusion rarely happens.

The modular qualities that you get with the subtypes is very limited.
Shintomo
Kinky

Oh, I see your point. Now that you mention it, those other cards can make the tease feel a lot slower. Do you think combining the unnecessary cards with the "need to include" cards would help? For example:
(Bondage: Put on a gag.) + (Rough Misstress: Hands off.) - > (Rough Misstress: Hands off and put on a gag)
With this each card might have up to two or three instructions and will be from the "Need to include" category
Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 

Card Creator

Time Lapse and Special are my favorite card types =D
I think special is the most powerful card type.
I like most of them, ok Delusionals are sometimes a bit stupid because there are no or very few cards which break delusions, but this is our fault as we made these cards.

For CTI 2: Its my goal to keep these card types as standart types but allow custom types for sets e.g. something like Skyrimish with Monster cards, Items cards, Equipment cards and Spell Cards.....
More Card types more fun!

Most game breaking problems are caused (for me) because i merged all cards i found into my card folder, but many of them are part of a specific set and some of them just don´t work properly outside of the set.

Too avoid such problems in CTI 2, there will be a CTI 2 Menue where you can manage your sets/cards and your game mode, you could select a specific set or play with all cards, but a Monster card in a normal Tease? No!
Each card is either:
  • Supplemental = Not part of any set, just as addon for all cards Teases. (But you can add and play them with a set if you like)
    Allrounder = Can be played in a set but also in a all cards Tease.
    Switch = Can be played in a set but also in a all cards Tease but it has different effects in each version to keep balance.
    Set only = Only playable in set.
Its also too late/hard to bring balance into CTI 1 there are just too many cards and only randomness determinates which card is drawn. (Which was a reason to work on CTI2)
(You draw a useless key even if you aren´t in chastity belt, your strokerate is set to 40 even if your time per slide is 1....)

My goal is to implement a system in CTI 2 which balances itself. Means the chance to draw a anti delusional card while you are under a delusion increases..
Here a screen shot of the Card Inspector i just implemented:
1.png
1.png (18.73 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
2.png
2.png (20.86 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
The chance to draw the "Your stroke count is now 10" Card is 0 because the stroke count is already 10, also observe how the chance to draw a card changes when i lower the time per slide.
I see many and different card types as a benefit if we can balance how the cards are drawn.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
dess
Old School
Old School

I do however enjoy the simplicity of CTI 1. I like how sometimes you get chance to cum cards early and so you can't use them. I do wish most of them were written better. Some don't have time limits and some are way too situational.

I had an idea of having a group of people be like a tribunal where they approve cards that are well made and thought out just so there was a higher standard.

But I think you are right that CTI 2 is going to trump CTI 1. We should be looking to the future! I'm excite to when you get this up and running so we can start making cards for it.
socket
I made some cards!
I made some cards!

I personally like how there are a lot of different card types. It helps create a certain type of tease without spending a lot of time looking through general cards.

I'd have to say my favourite type of card is dilemma. I love making tough decisions, hahaha.
Shintomo
Kinky

I love the idea of dilemma cards but often times I feel that one choice is always better, although when done right they can be a real blast.
socket
I made some cards!
I made some cards!

Yeah, that's true. It's tough to make it balanced.

Oh, flip-a-coin cards are really sweet too.
Nooster
Horny
Type: Dominant

Reminds me of a deck called "Trick or Treat" were all cards were dilemas, you had to pick between "treat" => the nicer option, and "trick" => the harder option.
And it worked well because some other cards like chance to cum ones told you "trick - treat = the number of slides you have to cum", so basically, it forced you to take the worst choice often enough.
Why am I talking about that ? Cause to balance dilema cards you can always have the nicer option have bad consequences later and the worst option have good ones later, just an idea ofc :)
Or maybe the reintroduction of flip-a-coin cards and having the slideshower automaticaly tossing the coin for you.

Return to “CTI 2 - Talk”

• Information