Talk about CTI.
Rothaon
Created software for the community!
Keys: 113,87 
Type: Dominant
Orientation: Gay

Hmmmm ok, I'll add it to those cards :P

Btw, I'm not sure if it would be easy to override but there is any chance for an option for the cards to be played sequentially (ie not shuffled) ?
Simon
Keys: 0,02 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Bi

Rothaon wrote:Hmmmm ok, I'll add it to those cards :P

Btw, I'm not sure if it would be easy to override but there is any chance for an option for the cards to be played sequentially (ie not shuffled) ?
I don't think that wouldn't be too hard, only question: how will you define the order? I mean, how will Black know which card comes first, which second, etc.
I could add an option to the cards, but then I wouldn't know what to do with the card without an order specified, shuffle them after, before, in between?
Could you perhaps give an example of the effect you want to achieve, and maybe I can work from that.
Always watching.
Rothaon

I was thinking about one shot teases. You either play with random order or not, selecting it option at the start of the tease.

De-randomizing a random deck doesn't make too much sense and I can't think where it can be used. If you need that it may be achieved skipping instructions.

For the order I think file name can work. As you are setting up the order, card type doesn't matter you can just name then CTI.Deck.Type.###.jpg and change the number to get the intended order.
TuathEicse
I made some cards!
I made some cards!
Keys: 1,69 
Orientation: Straight

I'm running into a cardmaker bug - when I click the 'Next' button on the 'Adding CTI Script' screen, nothing happens. Is anyone else getting this?
Rothaon

Regular card maker si working for me, but not the updater.

PD: Also you can choose CTI S + update from CTI and if you go back and change to make a CTI 1 card without unchecking the update from cti checkbox it still thinks you are updating.
TuathEicse
I made some cards!
I made some cards!

Ah! Okay, that's an easy workaround. Thanks a lot.
TuathEicse
I made some cards!
I made some cards!

Okay, I've been playing around with the viewer and cardmaker and I have a few notes.

- I ran a tease with 0 Chance to Cum cards and saw two show up.

- I also had a ~170-card tease end after around thirty cards. Up until that point it was acting normally, it just ended abruptly.

- Several times I tried to make cards and thought the script maker was broken before realizing I had entered a piece of code wrong. Some kind of error message would be helpful, even a generic "You entered an illegal instruction".

- I don't know how difficult it would be to implement within the framework you're using, but the ability to pop up dialogues with options would make a huge number of cards possible to port over. What you did with key-use as a trigger is cool, but it's kind of a situational kludge. There are a lot of CTI 1 cards that let you choose between two options, even outside Dillemna cards. There are also a bunch of cards that change based on real-life factors (how recently you've cum, what you're wearing, etc.) that could be handled by dialogue boxes.

- Similarly, conditionals beyond mood and sublevel would be really useful for cascading effects. There are a bunch of cards that do different things based on which Mistress shows up next. Being able to throw an 'After' on that checks for instruction type could handle anything like that. Checking variables like strokecount would also be useful - a bunch of cards branch based on that. I know this may also be a limitation of your middleware, though.

- It may be helpful for the system to recognize common redundant items. Knowing not to add a 'Gag' if there's already a 'Gag' item would be really nice. Knowing not to add a 'Ball-gag' if there's already a 'Gag' would be even better. I wouldn't try to do this with everything, but I suspect anyone using a good number of bondage cards will run into redundant items stacking up. Even checking for identical strings (after stripping caps) would help, because at that point standardized item titles would be enough. Card creators have historically been pretty good about things like that once established.

This is an awesomely exciting piece of software. So far it looks like everything I've been looking for in CTI 2, but we already have full access. The script syntax is straightforward, versatile, and clean. Really fantastic work! I'm having a lot of fun putting cards together and I'm looking forward to the platform becoming a little more stable.
Simon

Rothaon wrote:I was thinking about one shot teases. You either play with random order or not, selecting it option at the start of the tease.

De-randomizing a random deck doesn't make too much sense and I can't think where it can be used. If you need that it may be achieved skipping instructions.

For the order I think file name can work. As you are setting up the order, card type doesn't matter you can just name then CTI.Deck.Type.###.jpg and change the number to get the intended order.
I'll think I'd rather implement a variable into the cards. I'll call it 'order'. I'll add functionality to the settings menu for what to do with card without the variable. And maybe also an option to sort on card number.
TuathEicse wrote:- I ran a tease with 0 Chance to Cum cards and saw two show up.
This may have something to do with your card names/locations. For instance, having a card with 'Chance to Cum' in the title, but in a subfolder somewhere named 'rough mistress', might accidentily register it as a rough mistress instead. I have taken measures to go against this, but unfortunatly (especially when hidden somewhere deep in a filesystem) the generator makes mistakes sometimes. I will be trying to replicate this bug in my next tests though.
TuathEicse wrote:- I also had a ~170-card tease end after around thirty cards. Up until that point it was acting normally, it just ended abruptly.
I'll look into it, but without further information I might not find anything. I've run test teases of over 4000 cards without issue, so it should generally be fine.
TuathEicse wrote:- Several times I tried to make cards and thought the script maker was broken before realizing I had entered a piece of code wrong. Some kind of error message would be helpful, even a generic "You entered an illegal instruction".
This is in, but probably broken. I'll look into it.
TuathEicse wrote:- I don't know how difficult it would be to implement within the framework you're using, but the ability to pop up dialogues with options would make a huge number of cards possible to port over. What you did with key-use as a trigger is cool, but it's kind of a situational kludge. There are a lot of CTI 1 cards that let you choose between two options, even outside Dillemna cards. There are also a bunch of cards that change based on real-life factors (how recently you've cum, what you're wearing, etc.) that could be handled by dialogue boxes.
It's definetly doable. The main thing holding me back for this feature is the way too implement it into the cards without making it awefully convoluted. Now it's been activily asked for, I'll give it a go.
TuathEicse wrote:- Similarly, conditionals beyond mood and sublevel would be really useful for cascading effects. There are a bunch of cards that do different things based on which Mistress shows up next. Being able to throw an 'After' on that checks for instruction type could handle anything like that. Checking variables like strokecount would also be useful - a bunch of cards branch based on that. I know this may also be a limitation of your middleware, though.
This too is also very doable. I'll have to scratch my head on how to cleanly implement it for a little while though.
TuathEicse wrote:- It may be helpful for the system to recognize common redundant items. Knowing not to add a 'Gag' if there's already a 'Gag' item would be really nice. Knowing not to add a 'Ball-gag' if there's already a 'Gag' would be even better. I wouldn't try to do this with everything, but I suspect anyone using a good number of bondage cards will run into redundant items stacking up. Even checking for identical strings (after stripping caps) would help, because at that point standardized item titles would be enough. Card creators have historically been pretty good about things like that once established.
I think it should already do this for chastity belts, I'll add this for gags too. String-matching is easy as pie in javascript, so that's no problem. If you have any more suggestions, please bring them up.
TuathEicse wrote:This is an awesomely exciting piece of software. So far it looks like everything I've been looking for in CTI 2, but we already have full access. The script syntax is straightforward, versatile, and clean. Really fantastic work! I'm having a lot of fun putting cards together and I'm looking forward to the platform becoming a little more stable.
I'm happy it can meet expectations.

This is great, I love working on Black and contributing to this community. Unfortunatly, I've also started studieng Artificial Intelligence (at Utrecht University), and that's been eating into my freetime. I know you'll all be pacient, but I felt like putting this in just as a little status update. I hope to have all above features implemented (and bugs fixed) by the end of the weekend.
Always watching.
TuathEicse
I made some cards!
I made some cards!

One easy feature that would be useful is a 'method' type to go with the 'position' type. A lot of cards change your stroking method, and having those automatically replace old methods would be nice.

Oh! I just thought of an implementation of the toy categories that would be a big value-add. You could make the item-type action parameter an array of an item type and a name, something like this:

"action": ["oral", "Ball-gag"]

or

"action": ["anal", "Suction-cup dildo"]

or, if you didn't want the item to fall into a category, something like this:

"action": ["all", "Ankle binding"]

The item type would let Black replace items in the same category. The ball-gag would be replaced by another gag or even by sucking a dildo if those items used the 'oral' category as well. Categories could range from things like 'oral' to more specific things like 'wrists' or 'underwear'. If you expanded the array to include an item type, 'slot', and name, like this:

"action": ["dildo", "anal", "Anal toy"]

It could interface down the road with things like toy inventories and item icons. You could also let cards 'clear' item categories, slots, etc.

Just food for thought.
Simon

TuathEicse wrote:
| +
One easy feature that would be useful is a 'method' type to go with the 'position' type. A lot of cards change your stroking method, and having those automatically replace old methods would be nice.

Oh! I just thought of an implementation of the toy categories that would be a big value-add. You could make the item-type action parameter an array of an item type and a name, something like this:

"action": ["oral", "Ball-gag"]

or

"action": ["anal", "Suction-cup dildo"]

or, if you didn't want the item to fall into a category, something like this:

"action": ["all", "Ankle binding"]

The item type would let Black replace items in the same category. The ball-gag would be replaced by another gag or even by sucking a dildo if those items used the 'oral' category as well. Categories could range from things like 'oral' to more specific things like 'wrists' or 'underwear'. If you expanded the array to include an item type, 'slot', and name, like this:

"action": ["dildo", "anal", "Anal toy"]

It could interface down the road with things like toy inventories and item icons. You could also let cards 'clear' item categories, slots, etc.

Just food for thought.
Food for thought indeed, I'll see what I can make happen for 1.5

Also a little status update:
As you've probably seen 1.4.3 is live, with bugfixes for the bugs reported before.
New features will be coming in 1.5, but thanks to a suprise school project, 1.5 will have to wait a bit longer. I hope to have it ready somewhere next week.
Always watching.

Return to “CTI - Talk”

• Information